Wedding Registry FAQs
- Why create a registry at Boardmans?
Boardmans offers a wide range of sought after brands for your kitchen, bedroom and bathroom, making it simple and convenient for to choose the gifts you really need and love. It also helps to take the guesswork and legwork out of gift buying for your guests.
Bridal couples with a Thank U card will earn 10x Thank U points for all items purchased from their registry. Thank U points can be redeemed to purchase any items not bought off your registry or anything else at Boardmans, Edgars, Red Square, Jet, Legit and C.N.A. Please note that you must have a Thank U card to earn Thank U points.
Boardmans offers a convenient multi-channel registry solution with bridal couple able to create a registry either online or at a Boardmans store and guests are able to purchase off a registry either online or at a Boardmans store.
- How far in advance should I create a registry?
A wedding registry should be created approximately 3 to 6 months prior to the wedding. Items added to a registry will go on sale or be discontinued so a wedding registry should not be created too far in advance. Please check your registry frequently to ensure that items are up to date and have not gone out of stock.
- When will I receive my Thank U points?
You will receive the Thank U points for items purchased off your registry when your registry is closed. Your registry will be closed one month after your wedding date to give guests that have not purchased yet an opportunity to purchase off your registry.
- How do I create my registry at Boardmans Online?
Step 1: Hover over Wedding registry and click “Create a registry”. Enter your names, wedding date, contact details and delivery address. You can even personalise your registry with a favourite photo of the two of you and a special message to your guests.
Step 2: Add gifts and share your registry with family and friends: you can either enter guests email addresses on the site and it will email the registry details to them, or the couple can copy a link to their registry from the site and send it to guests themselves.
Step 3: Manage your registry. If something new or fabulous catches your eye in-store or on www.boardmans.co.za, simply add as a gift to your registry. On the other hand, if you change your mind about a selected registry item you can remove items at anytime. It’s important to keep track of your registry and remember to close it after the wedding.
- I have added items to my registry that are now out of stock?
Due to the fashionable nature of our products, we cannot guarantee that items will always be available at the time of guest purchase.
- How do I create my registry in-store at a Boardmans store?
Step 1: Find a registry assistant at your nearest Boardmans store and create a registry at the in-store registry terminal. Enter your names, wedding date, contact details, delivery address and a special message to your guests. You are able to upload a picture of yourself at Boardmans Online.
Step 2: Scan the items you wish to add to your registry.
Tips for scanning items:
- Ensure that the scanner is cleared first and then scan your items.
- Scan the Boardmans barcode only. Scanning an incorrect barcode may lead to that item not being uploaded to your registry.
- If an incorrect barcode has been scanned, the item will not appear on the registry list. The item will appear on an exception list below the registry list to notify you that the item will need to be rescanned to be added to the registry.
- If you scan an item that is not in-stock at Boardmans Online, you will still be able to add that item to your registry and view that item online. However, that item will not be able to be purchased on the website as there is no stock of that item.
- If you scan an item and there is no picture of the item visible on your registry, we will receive a list of those items, and will procure images for those items as soon as possible.
Step 3: Share your registry with family and friends either at the registry terminal at the store or in the comfort of your home at Boardmans Online: you can either enter guests email addresses on the site and it will email the registry details to them, or the couple can copy a link to their registry from the site and send it to guests themselves.
Step 4: Manage your registry: If something new or fabulous catches your eye in-store or on www.boardmans.co.za, simply add as a gift to your registry. You can add or remove registry items online or at a Boardmans store. It’s important to keep track of your registry and remember to close it after the wedding.
- How many items may I add to my list?
You are able to add as many items to your list as you wish.
- Where does Boardmans deliver to?
We deliver to all physical addresses within South Africa. We do not deliver to post boxes or internationally. If a guest purchases a gift off your registry on the website, we will ship the item directly to the bridal couple within 2 to 5 days of purchase.
- What are the delivery fees if a registry gift is purchased online?
We charge a standard fee of R65.00 on orders with a total of less than R500.00. An order that is more than R500.00 (after promotional vouchers have been deducted) does not incur any delivery charges.
- Can I create a registry for any other occasion besides a wedding?
No, Boardmans only offers wedding registries at this point in time.
- How do I share my registry with my friends and family?
You are able to email your registry details to your friends and family on the website or at the registry terminal at a Boardmans store.
- How do my guests purchase of my registry?
Your guests are able to purchase registry gifts at either Boardmans Online or at a Boardmans store. Boardmans Online registry purchase: If your guest chooses to purchase a gift off your registry at Boardmans Online, the item will be delivered directly to the address you stipulated when you created your registry within 2 to 5 working days of purchase. You will receive an email notifying you of the name of the guest that purchased that particular item.
Boardmans store registry purchase: If your guest chooses to purchase a gift off your registry at a Boardmans store, they must ensure that they print an updated registry list at the store to avoid any duplicate gifts being purchased. They must also update your registry by notifying a sales assistant at the store that the item is for a registry.
- Will my guests be guaranteed to pay the same price for an item when I add an item to my registry?
No, a guest will pay the most current price of the item at the time of purchase. Therefore if an item is on promotion when you added the item to your registry, but is no longer on sale at the time of purchase, the guest will pay the price at the time of purchase. The bridal couple will earn 10x Thank U points on the price paid at the time of purchase of the item.
- I need help with my registry. How do I contact you?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0860 236 289.
- What if I receive two of the same item?
You may receive duplicate registry gifts if a guest has purchased an item in-store and did not notify us that the item was for your registry. You are able to return a duplicate registry gift, subject to our Refund and Exchange Policy
- Will I receive my gifts all at once?
No, registry gifts that are purchased online will be delivered within 2 to 5 days of purchase. Guests that purchase registry gifts in-store will personally give the gift to you.
- Will my gifts be giftwrapped?
Yes, if your guest selects the gift wrap option online. If a guest purchases an item in-store, they are able to gift-wrap the item in-store. Gift wrapping both online and at a Boardmans store is a complimentary service.
- Can my international guests purchase off my registry?
Yes, your international guests are able to purchase off your registry online and we will deliver the items to your. We accept international credit cards on Boardmans.co.za/p>
Buying a gift off a wedding registry - FAQs
- How do I purchase an item off a registry on the website?
- Hover over Wedding Registry and click Find a registry
- Search for the registry using either the bride’s first name, last name or email address or the groom’s first name, last name or email address
- Click on the appropriate registry and view registry items
- Select the registry item you wish to purchase and click Add to Cart on the registry page
- On the Checkout page, click the Gift wrap option, and enter a message to the couple. The gift will be gift wrapped, and the message will be written on a complimentary card and be delivered to the customer.
- Purchase the item with either your Thank U card or a credit card.
- If the item is above R500, the item will be delivered to the bridal couple free of charge. If the item is below R500, a delivery fee of R65 will be incurred.
- The item will be delivered directly to the bridal couple within 2 to 5 working days. The bridal couple will receive an email notifying them that you have just purchased that item off their registry
- How do I purchase off a registry at a Boardmans store?
- Go to the Registry section at a Boardmans store
- Search for the registry using either the bride’s first name or last name or the groom’s first name or last name
- Print an updated registry list to avoid purchasing duplicate gifts
- Select a gift off the registry (depending on stock availability at the store)
- Notify the registry assistant or the cashier that the item is an item for a registry
- Purchase the item, and if you wish, gift wrap the item at the store
- The store does not deliver any registry gifts to the couple. You must hand the gift to the couple personally
- Can I purchase off a wedding registry if I am overseas?
Yes, you are able to purchase a registry item at Boardmans Online using an international credit card or a Thank U card.
- At which Boardmans stores may I purchase off a registry?
All Boardmans stores, depending on the stock availability at that store.
- Can the bridal couple return the gift?
Yes, they are able to return any registry gifts subject to our Refund and Exchange Policy
- Will I earn Thank U points if I purchase a registry gift?
Yes, if you purchase the registry gift using your Thank U card, you will earn base Thank U points for the item.